zappi is a Mode 3 charging station, compatible with all electric vehicles that comply with SAE J1772, EN62196 and EN61851 plug-in electric vehicle standards.
zappi works like any regular charging point but has special eco charging modes which will benefit homeowners with grid-tied microgeneration systems, like wind or solar generation. Two special ECO charging modes automatically adjust charging current in response to on-site generation and household power consumption. In FAST charge mode, zappi operates like an ordinary EV charging station.
• Available with Type 1 or Type 2 connector
• 3 charging modes: ECO, ECO+ & FAST
• Optimises microgeneration self-consumption
• Works with solar PV or wind turbine systems
• Economy tariff sense input
• Programmable timer function
• Charge and event logging
• Remote control and monitoring add-on option
• Pin-code lock function
• Tap operated display backlight
• Built-in RCD protection
• Integral cable holster
• Supplied with clip-on grid current sensor
eddi is an energy management system for use with grid-tied PV or wind turbine systems. Excess energy from the microgenertation system is used to heat water or rooms rather than exporting it to the grid. Two heaters are supported (typically top and bottom immersion heaters).
A grid current sensor (supplied) simply clips around the incoming supply cable. This sensor is used to monitor excess power and eddi automatically adjusts the voltage to the heater load, thereby consuming the surplus power. A self-powered wireless sensor is available separately.
An internal expansion interface provides a means to add and expansion module to enable various functions such as auto switching from day-time and night-time supply, heat pump interfacing for legionella control and temperature sensing. An optional ELS module allows eddi to be officially used for G100 compliant Export Limiting Schemes, avoiding expensive grid network reinforcement costs.
3.68KW / 16A max. heater load
• Supports two heaters (sequentially)
• Integral bypass switch
• VariSineTM PWM technology
• Fan-less cooling
• Built-in programmable boost timers
• Energy savings data logging
• Graphical back-lit LCD screen for ease of use
• Overload and short-circuit protection
• Automatic Daylight Saving Time adjustment
• Expansion module option
• Wall mounting bracket for ease of installation
• Fully EMC and safety compliant (CE)
• 3-year warranty